When we think about having a, “new life”, we usually think of a fresh start, a new direction, or a new chapter in our life. But to have new life from a Bible perspective is different. We read in 2nd Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
For us to be a new creation, faith in Jesus Christ must first rise up in our hearts by the Holy Spirit and then we must receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior.
John 1: 12, 13 says, “But as many as received him (Jesus Christ), to them gave he the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name; which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.”
Salvation is a free gift of grace from God. You can’t do anything to earn it.
Steps to being Saved
1. People have a serious problem to overcome, and that is, “their sinful heart”. And what we fail to understand is God is holy. God cannot look at your sin because before we get saved we are unrighteous and unholy. Romans 3:10 in the Bible says, “As it is written: There is none righteous, not even one;”,and Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” It’s our sinful heart that makes us unholy and unrighteous in His sight.
Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me.
What are we to do?
2. If we ignore the horrible sin in our hearts we can not be at peace with God. This means eternal damnation for us (spiritual death) because Romans 6:23 says , “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Jesus Christ, the Way, Truth, and the Life, is our only solution.
3. God has provided only one way for us to be at peace with him, Acts 4:12 declares, “And there is salvation in Jesus Christ only, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Our God loves us and he sent Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Romans 5:8 declares, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this; While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
He paid the price for our sin by death on the cross, and was entombed. Then he arose the third day from the tomb to life again. His resurrection from the tomb guarantees that we also will arise from the dead and live with him forever!
4. It is essential to our salvation that we believe Jesus Christ was raised from the dead, and is alive forever more. 1 Peter 1:3,4 says, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you.”
Romans 10:9,10 says, “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
When you accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, there are four important things that will be changed permanently in your life.
5a. You will be made a new creation in Christ by the Spirit of God. We read in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
5b. You are Justified by your faith in Jesus Christ. This means that you were once guilty of sin but now are free of past sins, and are at peace with God! Romans 5:1 declares, “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.”
5c. Further, because you are not guilty anymore, all condemnation of your past sins is completely erased by Christ and forgotten forever by God. for Romans 8:1a declares, “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus…”
5d. You are given the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ, for Romans 6:23b declares, “…The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
6. God’s gift of salvation is for everyone that will receive it, and that requires your sincere repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Just think about what Jesus Christ offered to the whole world. His life! He came into this sinful world to die a merciless death on the cross, shedding his blood for the sins of all people. He suffered for you, 1 Peter 2:21-25, “For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. Jesus can save you, and you will be forgiven of all of your sins.”
7. God’s Grace for you through Jesus Christ’s redeeming blood is far greater than your sin.
On Christ’s behalf, I ask you, will you receive the Lord Jesus Christ right now? Will you make him your Lord and Savior? I pray you will say yes to him today.
A Prayer of Faith to receive Jesus Christ
Pray this prayer right now: Lord Jesus, I receive you into my heart to be my Lord and Savior; I believe You are the son of God, who died on the cross for my sins and then you were entombed. I believe that on the third day, as the Scripture says, the stone that sealed the tomb was rolled away by an angel; for you had risen from the dead. You were then seen alive by the Apostles and others . I believe God raised you from the dead. Thank you Jesus for giving your life’s blood for my sins and for giving me peace with God and making me a new creation with eternal life. Lord Jesus, I believe in you and will serve you all the days of my life, Amen.
If you just received Jesus as your Savior, we are happy for you!
So Now What?
Where do I go from here?
Start every day with prayer to God and the Lord Jesus.
Read the Bible every day too. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes and ears to understand what you read.
Go to church, starting this Sunday. Be faithful to God in church attendance and be truthful and honest in everything you say and do.
If you have any questions about what you have read or experienced today, you can let us know by contacting us.